Saturday, February 8, 2020

Welcome To the Gypsy Swan! A blog about Art, Crafts, and Living Free!



Art and beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder and the whole occupation of art in whatever form; hinges on ideas and creativeness. When I can achieve something that is creative and pleasing to the eye-either my own and hopefully someone else; especially if it that it has the power to move the viewer emotionally or conveys a message, I feel I have made a contribution as an artist.

I am a self-taught artist. I enjoy exploring with a variety of mediums; but especially like the use of bright colors, textures and materials that give the impression of being three-dimensional or “pop” in some way.  I work in colored pencils, permanent markers, acrylic, oil, and mixed media. I especially like using found objects, such as bits of vintage paper, jewelry, rhinestones, beads in my work.  

While I love creating art and jewelry, through the years I have come to believe that while it is wonderful to create objects that are pleasing to the eye and to have people buy them; that it would be of better service to try and use my art and my creative abilities to benefit others too. For this reason, when I can, I donate my artwork and jewelry I have created to local causes and to further my work in my community. For further info, please see my page: Home and Hearth Community. 

I hope you will stop by and see what's new on my blog. Namaste-Rev. Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment